Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

bobthemanbobtheman
edited April 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
are we anywhere near close to the 2.0.18 release?

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    There's no date planned, but there is a lot of bug fixing and stabilization going on in anticipation of the next release.
  • the pop up notifications that are new in the lower left hand corner, is this a new plugin / feature we will see in the next release?
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited April 2011
    Yes, that's in unstable branch and therefore slated for the next point release.
  • /me eagerly awaits
  • How can I help test 2.0.18? I looked on github but only saw 2.0.17 code.
  • lucluc ✭✭
    Get the unstable branch.
  • edited April 2011
    Sorted it out, thanks.
  • I thought I had it sorted but it doesn't seem like I'm using unstable still, where can I check?
  • @Lincoln out of curiosity, do the devs have anything resembling a d-cut or feature freeze date? Do you know if it's soon?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @ddumont No, they don't.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited April 2011
    @davidX The version of unstable is 2.0.18a1. It will be in the bottom right corner of the Dashboard.
  • Yeah, I somehow managed to sync 2.0.17.8 :) How do I ensure I sync unstable?
  • lucluc ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    If you're fetching/merging (or pull) with git, then you need to change to the unstable branch, by default it stays on master. ie. git checkout unstable.
  • Thanks @luc, I'm finally all synced up and was attempting the install but received the following error right after inputting my db/host/user information after the first page of the install.

Fatal error: Class 'CategoryModel' not found in /home/guttural/sites/theguttural.com/Garden/applications/vanilla/settings/structure.php on line 62

• lucluc ✭✭
    To work around this, you could install with 2.0.17.9, and then switch to unstable.
    AFAIK, the structure is only used at install time (or when you upgrade, and have to run it because of tables/columns modification)
  • @luc thanks for all of the guidance.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    That CategoryModel error keeps cropping up - I ran into that when a coworker accidentally nuked the config.php the other day. It kept throwing that when attempting to reinstall.
  • Hmm, I tried to install 2.0.17.9 first but no luck. Same error still.