Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Welcome email content

edited April 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello!

Do you guys know where I can edit the content of the welcome email for new users? Right now they receive : EmailWelcome :D

Would be great if I knew how to send them a welcome message with their user ID and password, for example.

Thank you!

Comments

• Hi,
    I have the exact same issue : mails don't work. They're sent but they're empty (only "EmailWelcome" or "EmailPassword", for example). Does this come from the fact I'm using a localized (French) version?
  • Hi again, I just tested one thing about this and I figured out an annoying consequence of this issue : password reset requests from members will fail because it is based on sending an automatic email which is empty, too.
    Anyone? An idea?

Thanks,
    Germain
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    You need to add translations for your version. Have a look in /applications/dashboard/locale/en-CA/definitions.php. You'll find the English for EmailWelcome and whatnot.
  • edited June 2011
    Hi Todd,
    thanks for your answer.
    How do I add the translations for the EmailWelcome and so on definitions? I indeed found the original definitions.php file in the folder you mention.
    In my locales/French folder, I have a definitions.php, but it is almost empty (see screenshot)
    Do I have to manually copy/paste the content from the original definitions.php into this one (then translate it, of course)?
  • OK... I found the main definitions file in the french localization I installed, I pasted the email definitions which path was shown by you and... it's working! I'll just have to translate it, now.
    A big thank you for your help and for the help I found in other threads I found on this forum.