Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Welcome email content

edited April 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello!

Do you guys know where I can edit the content of the welcome email for new users? Right now they receive : EmailWelcome :D

Would be great if I knew how to send them a welcome message with their user ID and password, for example.

Thank you!

Comments

• Hi,
    I have the exact same issue : mails don't work. They're sent but they're empty (only "EmailWelcome" or "EmailPassword", for example). Does this come from the fact I'm using a localized (French) version?
  • Hi again, I just tested one thing about this and I figured out an annoying consequence of this issue : password reset requests from members will fail because it is based on sending an automatic email which is empty, too.
    Anyone? An idea?

Thanks,
    Germain
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    You need to add translations for your version. Have a look in /applications/dashboard/locale/en-CA/definitions.php. You'll find the English for EmailWelcome and whatnot.
  • edited June 2011
    Hi Todd,
    thanks for your answer.
    How do I add the translations for the EmailWelcome and so on definitions? I indeed found the original definitions.php file in the folder you mention.
    In my locales/French folder, I have a definitions.php, but it is almost empty (see screenshot)
    Do I have to manually copy/paste the content from the original definitions.php into this one (then translate it, of course)?
  • OK... I found the main definitions file in the french localization I installed, I pasted the email definitions which path was shown by you and... it's working! I'll just have to translate it, now.
    A big thank you for your help and for the help I found in other threads I found on this forum.