Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to bootstrap vanilla 2?

CsabbencsCsabbencs
edited July 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have vanilla 2 forum installed plus I have a separate page with a button and an empty field.
What I want to achieve is that when you press the button, the field will be loaded with the number of users on the forum.
The call is made by AJAX.
Actually, the question is, how do I 'bootstrap' vanilla for an ajax call in order to be able to use 'Gdn'?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Answer ✓
    You want the ajax request to go to a non-Vanilla URL and "include" the framework within the script? I recommend against this. Instead, build a plugin within Vanilla and have the ajax request go to a URL the plugin is listening to instead.

Answers

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Answer ✓
    You want the ajax request to go to a non-Vanilla URL and "include" the framework within the script? I recommend against this. Instead, build a plugin within Vanilla and have the ajax request go to a URL the plugin is listening to instead.
  • I did what you recommended and works perfectly.
    Thanks.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Awesome!