Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Garden as a framework for web applications

CsabbencsCsabbencs
edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I am wondering if Garden as a framework is competitive to other php frameworks like Yii or Symfony.
Have you guys done some evaluation regarding this yet?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I believe it is, and use it for all my projects. It's major (only?) drawback, in my opinion, is a lack of documentation.
  • Options
    SS ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    I'm using Garden as a framework and I like it. I have used CodeIgniter before and it is really cheerless shit.

I created some applications. You can find it in addons, but most of them are private.

@Todd told that they are planning release Garden as standalone. But nobody knows when it happens.

I would like a little tweak and add the code to base classes and change the behavior of some functions (validation). To be more friendly for all applications (not Vanilla only).
  • Options
    If you do not mess around with the inner workings of the Garden FrameWork it's an amazing piece of code.
    All functions are there and they are custom made, i.e. not from Zend or something.
    When you create your own addon / plugin you'll get the hang of how the framework operates.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    I also think that though the documentation covers all the important topics showing the big picture, a more detailed developer documentation, rather a specification would be necessary. Even a simple list of event handlers would be a great help. Some more basic information on interaction with the API would be nice too.

I read that a vanilla developer plugin is on the way. It could also cure some headache. Does anyone know about its progress?
  • Options
    Would making Garden Standalone makes development easier and faster as more dev comes to participate?
  • Options
    Even a simple list of event handlers
    I know i'm asking a stupid question, but remind me: Give me an example of an event handler please :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I think he means a list of fired events that can be hooked into.
  • Options
    I think he means a list of fired events that can be hooked into.
    I mean this exactly.