Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] config.php throws an error every time I make a change...

edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
SO I had this issue here: http://bit.ly/qeHDHf and I thought it was resolved.

However now I have the issue very time I make a change in the admin area it throws the same error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in
/mnt/hgfs/Web/Sites/vanilla/conf/config.php on line 50
I've tried making it writable and also locking it - does anyone know why it's doping this? The line it falls over on is the update line:

// Last edited by Rob (172.16.65.1)2011-09-12 11:17:54
Any help appreciated
Rob
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Answer ✓
    Maybe you had some weird invisible character at the end. Who know? :) Glad you got it working. And no, you don't need the closing PHP tag. We don't use them in Vanilla.

Answers

• Options
    This line is comment, that's not the issue.
    Check above it.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Cheers luc... yeah, I see that. The only open phrase I can see is this:

The PHP isn't closed but it doesn't need to be does it? <?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit(); </pre>
  • Options
    Also - odd that it then runs when I delete that comment line?
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Answer ✓
    Maybe you had some weird invisible character at the end. Who know? :) Glad you got it working. And no, you don't need the closing PHP tag. We don't use them in Vanilla.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Glad you got it working.
    Cheers Lincoln :)

Why on earth are you referring to another unrelated topic inside this topic? It's a bit of topic hijacking isn't it? even if it's your own topic