Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Search Engine Does not work

GigGig
edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have been trying to get vanilla up and running on the website for a company that I have been working for. It is not being widely used right now, but we hope that it will become a very useful resource for our clients when having problems with the software that we are outsourcing.

The issue that we are having at the moment is the search engine does not work. We have a topic up but when ever we search it, the page comes up blank. Not with no results, but completely blank.

I have strong belief in Vanilla as a product but the Directors see it as more of a problem at the moment.

Any ideas?

Answers

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    If you only have a few discussions, search does not work. This is how MySQL works - if there are too few records, it won't search. This is a setting you can change in your MySQL configuration, or you can just wait until you have more discussions.
  • Options
    @lincoln Which setting or which search words do we need to google for?

There was an error rendering this rich post.