HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.0.18 (beta 4) released

Comments

• @Lincoln sweet! Damn... now I have no more pull requests to bug you about...

Time to write some more! hehe

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Beta season! :)
  • AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭
    can't wait for this version to be a FULL "OFFICAL" version :)
  • I got this error "Call to undefined function fnmatch() in C:\AppServ\www\vanillaforums\library\core\class.autoloader.php on line 734"

The operation system is Windows 7 and php version is 5.2.3
  • lucluc ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    I think I saw this function was only available on 5.3 for windows, so upgrade.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited September 2011
    I let the RC wait a week because I was tremendously busy over the weekend and we're still getting some bug reports I want to check and/or fix. Will try again this weekend.
  • any talk on the ability ability to export your vanilla 2 site ? backup ...
  • In one of the unstable branches there's some work being done on backing up your vanilla site :-)

• Some of the links on my Vanilla install adds an extra "/forum" to the URL. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, or just a configuration error on my site. Is it a bug, @Lincoln?

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited October 2011
    @Shadowdare : Please do a clean install and try to reproduce the exact situations where you get that extra /forum (did you install vanilla into /forum or into /vanilla or something?) As much details as possible and then file a bug report at gitHub. Post the gitHub bug number.
    Take a very very close look at this thread please, there might be some similar situations in there like yours.
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/15381/deleting-a-discussion-ends-in-a-404/p1

• The fnmatch problem can be solved with a few lines of code but is closed (wontfix) on github saying to "not use Windows" even though 1.x worked with it. This makes upgrading pretty pointless. Why not take some time to fix those bugs as well?
  • I had an issue with the iPhone site giving me a 'bonk' from upgrading from b2 to b4, but then changed the permissions of the directory so the web server could write to it.

After that had no problems.
  • The fnmatch problem can be solved with a few lines of code but is closed (wontfix) on github saying to "not use Windows" even though 1.x worked with it. This makes upgrading pretty pointless. Why not take some time to fix those bugs as well?
    fnmatch does exist on windows platforms, it requires PHP 5.3.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I had an issue with the iPhone site giving me a 'bonk' from upgrading from b2 to b4, but then changed the permissions of the directory so the web server could write to it.

After that had no problems.
    My guess is that was your FTP client messing up when you uploaded the new files.

• fnmatch does exist on windows platforms, it requires PHP 5.3.
    So use an alternative to fnmatch or add it when missing, that's what I mean with "it can be fixed with a few lines of code". You don't need to up the PHP requirement to 5.3 just because of one function.
  • So write a patch, supporting a minority platform with an existing workaround probably isn't a high priority.
  • Guess not, dropping platforms by upping the requirements just makes it easier to get people on the payed plan. One patch isn't going to change that.
  • Guess not, dropping platforms by upping the requirements just makes it easier to get people on the payed plan.
    You're missing the point.

The requirements won't get lowered to PHP 5.2 so deal with it the way you like.

Any problem regarding that fnmatch function will get the same advice (I even have a textfile with the same answer ready to copy / paste)

Paid plans will not get promoted just for a difference in PHP versions, as far as I know (AFAIK) In some cases they are recommended though.

• Guess not, dropping platforms by upping the requirements just makes it easier to get people on the payed plan. One patch isn't going to change that.
    Dude, you can use/update PHP 5.3 for free, so where is the problem?
  • Quite often it's really not as simple as just upgrading though, especially if you're hosting provider won't do that.
This discussion has been closed.