Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

ProxyConnect 1.9.7 reset remote passsword

sbenessbenes New
edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I am using ProxyConnect to authenticate with our existing user credentials. I was wondering if anyone else had a workaround for allowing user/admins to reset a password in Vanilla that sends a request to a URL with the new credentials so they can be updated. I thought ProxyConnect may have had something like this coded in already but it doesn't seem to hook into this functionality.

If you reset the password in vanilla with ProxyConnect in use, it will just change the vanilla forums credentials which I don't even use.

I can remove the password reset functionality and add in a request form for users to submit a password reset, but I was hoping that maybe I had something misconfigured in ProxyConnect. I can set up code on our end to validate the credentials and update the password, but I need it there first. :)

Thanks for any help.

Answers

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I don't think this is in ProxyConnect. I'd use a theme to remove the 'Forgot?' option or replace it with a link to your system instead.
  • @Lincoln

I was looking into doing that but it seems like the template for the side menu in the profile is in a controller class.

./applications/dashboard/controllers/class.profilecontroller.php
    public function AddSideMenu($CurrentUrl = '') ... // Don't allow account editing if it has been turned off. if (Gdn::Config('Garden.UserAccount.AllowEdit')) { $SideMenu->AddLink('Options', T('Edit My Account'), '/profile/edit', FALSE, array('class' => 'Popup EditAccountLink')); $SideMenu->AddLink('Options', T('Change My Password'), '/profile/password', FALSE, array('class' => 'Popup PasswordLink')); } ...

I want them to be able to edit their account, but not the password. I don't see any easy way to do this with any hooks or config without updating the base controller.

Is there any way to override just that method in the controller without putting the whole controller in my theme? Is that even possible, I don't know if you can even do theme'd controllers? I couldn't get it to work and don't really want to have an entire class overridden in my theme or update a core component I have to mantain.
  • @Lincoln
    I don't really want to do this, but I guess Hiding the link with CSS and then adding a link at the end would be the only way. But for future updates can you guys make either the config options with finer granularity, or move the side menu out of the controller and into a view?

Unless you can offer any other advice I guess I will just do the above