HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Fancybox Plugin for Vanilla - Feedback

oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010Switzerland ✭✭
edited October 2011 in Feedback
Let me know what needs to be improved, what is not working properly or whatever else :-)

Comments

• Great to see this plugin. It was really needed.

First feedback: it Fancyboxes forums header.
  • oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    it Fancyboxes forums header.
    Can you specify this?
  • When I click on headers image it Fancyboxes it except of redirecting to the main page. The solution is to add
    div.BannerWrapper img in the right place in $FancyboxJQuerySource :)
  • please may i know the actual use of this plugin?
    please may i know the actual use of this plugin?
    You can post thumbnails (or just pictures in reduced size) to your forum and it will allow people viewing them in higher resolution without leaving the website.
  • please may i know the actual use of this plugin?
    You can post thumbnails (or just pictures in reduced size) to your forum and it will allow people viewing them in higher resolution without leaving the website.
    nice

• Love this - thank you!
  • This is a really cool plugin! but I'm having the same problem as evolucja. It tries to fancybox the title banner, and profile pictures of members in the discussions. Evolucja, maybe you could point me in the right direction to fix these? I don't know what variable you're referring to, or where it is.
  • 422422 Developer MVP
    You will most probably find it listens for the img class, so any images will be affected, the author can fix this quite easily.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

I update the plugin with the proposed adjustment by @evolucja
    Hope that fixes your issues @BDHarrington7 & @422
    (myself I still was not able to reproduce the issue though :))
  • Hi All, I am a bit of a noob here so please be gentle with me. I can hack PHP, JS etc but for the life of me cannot resolve this issue. Fancybox plugin all loaded and working i.e. small image in a post can be seen in discussion thread but when I click it it all works great with one exception.... when I click on the image in discussion the popup is small (possibly the same size as thumbnail). If i click image when logged in as Admin and click it just opens the image full size in a new page. Can anyone help me with sorting this out? I just want to be able to click the image and it popup in original size with a maximum size if possible.

Thanks
  • edited November 2011
    Fancybox works great for images that are inserted using the BBcode, but it still sends images uploaded(using file uploader) to the next page on the browser.
    Any fix for this?

• I have a Problem: It fancyboxes smaller Images without Problems, but if the Image is bigger and doesnt fit into the page, the core Image Resizer will take care of the Image. Clicking on it doesn't show fancybox.

Any Ideas?

• fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭

is this add-on still being maintained? i am having the same issue as hatcher. apparently it works just fine on a mac, but on windows 7 it only shows an overlay of the thumbnail. does anyone have an idea why or knows how to fix this?

thanks!

• hatcher said:
    Hi All, I am a bit of a noob here so please be gentle with me. I can hack PHP, JS etc but for the life of me cannot resolve this issue. Fancybox plugin all loaded and working i.e. small image in a post can be seen in discussion thread but when I click it it all works great with one exception.... when I click on the image in discussion the popup is small (possibly the same size as thumbnail). If i click image when logged in as Admin and click it just opens the image full size in a new page. Can anyone help me with sorting this out? I just want to be able to click the image and it popup in original size with a maximum size if possible.

Thanks

-I have the same problem.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

I never used this before today, but downloaded it and installed plugin

I inserted an image in the discussion body

added the class fancy box and a height statement to reduce the image and it worked by clicking whether I was logged in, admin, or a regular user in firefox and chrome. The floating image was larger.

Maybe if you provide a link to your discussion where the problem is, maybe somebody can see what's going on.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Also, is it possible you have another jquery script that is used when you login as admin vs. when you are a regular member. Conflicts maybe.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• 422422 Developer MVP

My two penneth use the example addon and fire fancybox within that.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• SevMCSevMC
    edited May 2012

Excellent plugin :D, thanks.

• SevMCSevMC
    edited May 2012

Hmm... apparently the fancybox makes my users logout every time they acces to a page that have something fancyboxed :/