Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Uncaught Syntax error, unrecognized expression: [name=User/Email] in entry.js

sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
i just installed version 2.0.18 and with login using Facecbook/Google there is a javascript error thrown out.
Details: while singing in using facebook or google - user clicks on login using facebook/google -> then enters his details of facebook/google -> then a window from forum pops up requesting to enter ADDINFO - Username and Password -> when u enter username/password and click CONNECT it says "ConnectName is required."
and when i look at it through firebug i see an error as below:
uncaught exception: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: [name=User/Email]

and when it took a look at it in chrome it had detailed error something like
(anonymous function) entry.js:4

any ideas?????? Thanks

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Best Answer

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    Nope that's a bug, but won't break things. I've pushed a fix that we'll release after a bit of a waiting period to see if anything else pops up.

Answers

• Options
    the same error uncaught exception: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: [name=User/Email] occurs in javascript entry.js when a new user tries to register.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Have you cleared your browser cache? Pretty sure this is an old bug that was fixed in 2.0.18.
  • Options
    yes i tried clearing cache in every browser - Firefox, chrome and IE 8 but still the same

• Options
    i tried using jquery 1.4.2 instead of jquery 1.6.2 - though it didnt show any error with the javascript(uncaught exception: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: [name=User/Email]) but still it will say connectName is required

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    Nope that's a bug, but won't break things. I've pushed a fix that we'll release after a bit of a waiting period to see if anything else pops up.
  • Options
    thanks Todd. i hope to hear from you soon about the bug fix.