Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Blank page plugin ?

422422 MVP
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

One of our coders is looking at adding scores pages etc, just wondered if there is a plugin to create a blank page. So i can set it up for him.

By blank, need header, footer, sidebar ( optional ) and menu

So just no content

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• You're thinking about it wrong. In Vanilla, URLs directly map to methods. So for instance, this page is at /discussion/18135. So it's talking to the 'DiscussionController' and calling the 'Index' method (since '18135' isn't a method's name, it defaults to 'Index') and then passed 18135 to the Index method.

The Tagging plugin uses a URL like this: /discussions/tagged/test But how does a plugin add a method to the 'DiscussionsController' in Vanilla without modifying the code? Like this:

public function DiscussionsController_Tagged_Create($Sender) {

}

That method will now get triggered by the URL above when the plugin is enabled. It 'created' a new method in the discussions controller with some magic. :)

More here: http://vanillaforums.org/docs/plugins

• There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Thanks guys , i will admit i am only front end dev, so takes me a while to understand progromatically.

Thanks @lincoln and @sahotataran

Will look into both links.

There was an error rendering this rich post.