Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Suggestions for themes on vanillaforums.com

LincLinc Detroit Admin
edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm looking at putting together better theme options for our clients on vanillaforums.com. Are there any freely licensed themes you recommend for broad use? They should have no customized view files except default.master.php (so hooks & CSS changes only).

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited January 2012

Happy to help but.. no edits other than default.master ?:(

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Yeah, that is my favourite bit messing around with views.... Oh well, I don't think I like many that are just css changes. Also happy to help out.

• Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    edited January 2012 Answer ✓

I like the VanillaPress2010 Theme (works with latest version of Vanilla) and the Public vForg Theme (needs updating)

• Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    edited January 2012

I am using a customized version of Public vForg on my real estate forum, take a look it's pretty clean and appealing

http://talkbcrealestate.com/

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Happy to help but.. no edits other than default.master ?:(

The problem is we need maintenance-free themes that don't require updating when we tweak the markup. I suppose a couple customizations is fine, but I'm specifically thinking to stay away from the /vanilla/views/discussion(s) folders.

• Options

I think my themes would fit what you're looking for :P

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

< cannot help for moment . But in a month or so will create some new themes that fit your remit @lincoln . Im just so busy at the mo. Should be finished this project by late march ish

• Options
    sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

i can help making themes let me know what kind u guys want thumbs up :)

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

One question Lincoln, if we produce some themes can we get a clickable referral link back to our site ? In the theme footer.
    I have about a week left on the front end dev for this site, and should have some spare time for cpl of days to whack out some thmes

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited January 2012

@422 I can't promise anything like that. You'd have to speak to Mark directly if you want to make a business deal. Honestly I didn't even run this request by them, I was just interested to see what you guys thought about GPL themes that were out there. :)

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Thats cool, wont hold you guys to ransom lol. Just a thought, wil work on them later next week mate. Thanks.

Ste

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

I was using one of the "Fluid clean" themes for a while, but switched over to a fancy premium from 422, (that i of course proceeded to hack away at :D)