Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to rename the two folders "vanilla-core-2-0-18-1" and "vanilla"?

edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I've just download this forum software and wonder how I can change my website from:
http://www.mydomain.com/vanilla-core-2-0-18-1/vanilla

to

http://www.mydomain.com/forum

Best Answer

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited January 2012 Answer ✓

I don't know of it causing any damage, but I know that if you don't do it after moving folders then you get BONK-ed (if you'll excuse the expression.)

AfaIk the ini files in cache recreate themselves as needed.

Answers

• Options

renaming the folders in on the server caused an error.

• Options
    sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

just extract all the contents from vanilla folder to your /forum/ folder on server. if you receive any error check out details for what error you get
    by adding

$Configuration['Garden']['Debug'] = TRUE; 

to your config.php

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Once you move the files, or rename the folders, clear the Vanilla - cache folder. That normally does the trick.

• Options
    edited January 2012

Thanks, I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

BTW, how do I get these really neat little tabs for bold, italics, code, quote etc. in the textarea where I am typing this text. It must be a plugin right? Does anyone know the name of it?

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Button Bar

• Options
    edited January 2012

Hi again,

Just got back to the forum project from last Friday. I have added the folder "forum" and transferred all files from the old "vanilla" folder to the "forum" folder by ftp.

When you say deleting the cache, what exactly do you mean? In the cache folder there are only .ini files. I guess I shouldn't be deleting those?

The error reads: Fatal error: Class 'Gdn' not found in /home5/gdcrefor/public_html/forum/bootstrap.php on line 47

Any ideas?

• Options

I deleted all the chache files (and backed them first of course). I get this error message with a blue background:

Bonk

Something funky happened. Please bear with us while we iron out the kinks.

I'll now keep the .ini files but just delete the data in them and see how that fares.

• Options

It worked. Thanks a lot.

What damage or future issues does deleting the cache files cause?

• Options
    edited January 2012 Answer ✓

I don't know of it causing any damage, but I know that if you don't do it after moving folders then you get BONK-ed (if you'll excuse the expression.)

AfaIk the ini files in cache recreate themselves as needed.