Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Comment system help

Answers

• Options
    CaioCaio
    edited April 2012

comments.php is only js, which i don't know. I will paste the code in pastebin at http://pastebin.com/buLLSt8c

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Ok.

This is more than just a 10 second fix, me thinks.

Somehow there is a include which deploys the iframe. As stated above this is at DEV level you require assistance, so put in a support ticket

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

I can't as mine is not hosted with vanilla.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

You might try changing this in the vanillaforums.css file to a smaller height maybe 40 px. but that is just a guess.

textarea,
    textarea:focus {
        font-family: monospace;
        color: #000;
        height: 50px;

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I found the fix, just can't find the files. lol

• Options
    CaioCaio
    edited April 2012

the height in the iframe should be 300 and there should be no predetermined css height; that is what cultofmac is doing.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

The issue is if you set a HEIGHT to a sibling element, then the parent element needs to expand.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Perhaps have a play with this .. http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/iframe-height-scrollbar-example/

This will automatically adjust parent div height , when iframe height increases and decreases

• Options

didn't work

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

lol k sorry your on your own. I havent got the time or indeed patience for replies like that

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

422 said:
    lol k sorry your on your own. I havent got the time or indeed patience for replies like that

where is the "two-like button" for times like these. :) and the "patience exhausted badge". If there were a badge it would be awarded countless times I'm sure.
    A special badge "didn't work" that deducts points for a user would also be in order, when they neglect to tell you what they did and what didn't work and what the results were.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Haha, that kinda did grate on my otherwise placid nature :)

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2012

embed is loaded dynamically. As you already noted it auto expands. What you want is it to auto contract. This is a pro job, PM me if you are interested.

grep is your friend.

• Options

peregrine said:
    when they neglect to tell you what they did and what didn't work and what the results were.

Haha, sorry I can't read minds and thought you could understand that didn't work meant it provided no changes.

• Options

Caio said:

peregrine said:
    when they neglect to tell you what they did and what didn't work and what the results were.

Haha, sorry I can't read minds and thought you could understand that didn't work meant it provided no changes.

read this links and the comments below it.
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/158231#Comment_158231
    (firebug vs. code change modification)

Just as you can't read minds, nor can the person trying to help you, that is why "didn't work" provides no information on how you implemented the change and what happened.

• Options

Sorry, lost my temper. Anyways, I give up. Just going to wait until they update and fix this issue.

• Options

out of curiousity - did you try changing the css for the textarea.
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/158277#Comment_158277

• Options
    CaioCaio
    edited April 2012

Well yes, but it failed. It didn't change the text box at all. And i changed rows from 6 to 4. But since it didn't work, i reset it.

• Options

Ok, now kind of off topic, but what is the best wysiwyg editor for vanilla?

• Options

C'mon are you working with me I suggested changing the css in the file itself. If you mention firebug one more time or attempt to change firebug I am totally through.

peregrine said:
    You might try changing this in the vanillaforums.css file to a smaller height maybe 40 px. but that is just a guess.

textarea,
    textarea:focus {
        font-family: monospace;
        color: #000;
        height: 50px;