Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How can I force announcements to always be at the top of the list in categories/discussions view

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm hoping to get announcements working more like "Sticky", I want them to always be at the top of the list no matter when the last comment was, has anyone achieved this or can someone point me in the right direction?

Answers

• Options
    jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭

I'm confused, don't announcements already stick to the top of the list?

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

They do, but they can be "Dismissed" after which they'll act as normal discussions.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options

On the categories/discussions view announcements are not fixed to the top of the list, through some digging around it was meant to be like this, a response on github suggest it may be included in v2.1

• Options

I have now modified class.categoriescontroller.php to populate an array with announced discussions which then works like all discussions

• Options

@Batesy said:
    I have now modified class.categoriescontroller.php to populate an array with announced discussions which then works like all discussions

Can you share your solution? Since i have installed latest 2.1 version i can`t get Announcements at the top like it was by default in 2.0.18.4 version and have no idea why it has been changed.

• Options

Nevermind! It has been already explained and fixed in other topic. Thanks anyway!

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

For future reference, the fix @warzyd‌ is referring to can be found here: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/208074/#Comment_208074

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.