Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Need Exporter for SMF 2.*

This discussion is related to the Vanilla Porter addon.
edited August 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Is that possible?

Cheers,

Carl

Comments

• carllavoie
    Is that possible?
    Cheers,
    Carl

Second that. Vanillaforums is just amazing. I already moved my community from SMF2 to Phpfox, but I regret it.

Looking to move over to Vanillaforums after having used it on various community websites, such as ajaxplorer and sourcefabric...

I would be willing to pay hard currency for this converter from SMF2 to Vanilla-current.

All the best

• edited August 2013

I was able to use "SMF 2 to SMF 1" converter, and then use porter successfully

UnderDogR_Jhgtonight
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

If anyone wants to donate a mysqldump of a reasonably sized smf 2 database so we can see what we need to build we'd much appreciate. Message me if you are interested.

UnderDogvrijvlinder
  • Hi,

I added support for SMF2, as far as I know, it worked fine, but probably need to take a better look at it in case I missed something.
    The code is here :

https://github.com/lincolnwebs/VanillaPorter/pull/18

I just realize that the [code] tags doesn't work as expected and they show the raw html encode. This should be easy to fix, working on that

peregrineUnderDoghgtonight
  • Hi there @Todd! I can see that you've updated the porter software as of April 26th. Have there been any updates to the support of SMF 2+ conversions? I can see that Simple Machines is listed on the supported platforms page, but it doesn't specify the version: http://docs.vanillaforums.com/developers/importing/support

Many thanks for all the efforts,
    Tim

• LincLinc Detroit Vanilla Staff

Yes, there are separate selections for both SMF and SMF2.

hgtonighttimsilva
  • @Lincoln said:
    Yes, there are separate selections for both SMF and SMF2.

Thanks for clarifying Lincoln! :)