Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Need Exporter for SMF 2.*

edited August 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Is that possible?

Cheers,

Carl

Answers

• carllavoie
    Is that possible?
    Cheers,
    Carl

Second that. Vanillaforums is just amazing. I already moved my community from SMF2 to Phpfox, but I regret it.

Looking to move over to Vanillaforums after having used it on various community websites, such as ajaxplorer and sourcefabric...

I would be willing to pay hard currency for this converter from SMF2 to Vanilla-current.

All the best

• edited August 2013

I was able to use "SMF 2 to SMF 1" converter, and then use porter successfully

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

If anyone wants to donate a mysqldump of a reasonably sized smf 2 database so we can see what we need to build we'd much appreciate. Message me if you are interested.

• Hi,

I added support for SMF2, as far as I know, it worked fine, but probably need to take a better look at it in case I missed something.
    The code is here :

https://github.com/lincolnwebs/VanillaPorter/pull/18

I just realize that the [code] tags doesn't work as expected and they show the raw html encode. This should be easy to fix, working on that

• Hi there @Todd! I can see that you've updated the porter software as of April 26th. Have there been any updates to the support of SMF 2+ conversions? I can see that Simple Machines is listed on the supported platforms page, but it doesn't specify the version: http://docs.vanillaforums.com/developers/importing/support

Many thanks for all the efforts,
    Tim

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Yes, there are separate selections for both SMF and SMF2.

• @Lincoln said:
    Yes, there are separate selections for both SMF and SMF2.

Thanks for clarifying Lincoln! :)