Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Russian language file for Version 1

2»

Comments

• Options
    ToivoToivo New
    edited August 2006
    "Russian" language pack is **the second** most wanted add-on. But google blog search and technorati will not catch many russian language lussumo forums. Are there any big ones? What search engine to use?
  • Options
    Little problem: the language pack is compressed as a RAR archive, which Mac users (on Mac OS X) cannot unpack. Would it be possible to make it available as a ZIP (.zip) or BINHEX (.hqx) download? Many thanks in advance.
  • Options
     Quote: icouto  Little problem: the language pack is compressed as a RAR archive, which Mac users (on Mac OS X) cannot unpack.
    Huh? I do it all the time, get Stuffit Expander.
  • Options
    still, we should try to use a only one format for our addons (even if gunzip would be better...)
  • Options
    @Wanderer: Stuffit is no longer bundled with the system. Many users - including me - just don't install it, specially when the new system now has built-in capacity to handle (and make) zip archives. IMHO, zip/gzip would probably be the best compressed format - I could be wrong, but I believe all 3 main platforms (Windows, Mac & *nix) can handle it without any proprietory software.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I think, I've finally got my forum running in Russian (and in utf8). Still there are two problems remaining. 1. Whenever I try, for example, to sink a discussion or to change its status in any other way, this new status appears in 'none' language; that is, in English without spaces. 2. When I receive applications for membership and send out approvals to prospective members (using the same hosting, as with the forum itself) both messages end up with mixed encoding. All the headlines, as well as the applican't login-name (in Russian), wherever that appears in the message-body, are encoded in UTF-8 (correctly) but the rest of the text is in Cyrillic-1251. So far, haven't managed to fix this. Anyone any ideas, please?
  • Options
    Are you sure you've entered the new TextPrefix TextSuffix etc definitions into your russian language file? There are a few discussions on here regarding it.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    thanks, I'll check this out. but the notification thing is what troubles me the most
  • Options
    IIRC, the four email_* files where not saved in utf-8 by russian add-on original writer. Just open these files with a text editor and save them as utf8. Let us know if this does the trick.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Yes, it works fine now. Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.