Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Place to request paid for service?

listisimolistisimo New
edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Is there anywhere in this forum where one can request paid for services from someone who know the ins and outs of Vanilla?

Comments

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Post on the forums.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

@listismo Tough question, not really sure if it's allowed. Would be really nice if there was a category for such a thing. I've been wondering though if it's allowed to have a signature in your posts that could advertise anything with, like on other forums. hmm...

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

Pxlc said:
    @listismo Tough question, not really sure if it's allowed. Would be really nice if there was a category for such a thing. I've been wondering though if it's allowed to have a signature in your posts that could advertise anything with, like on other forums. hmm...

I haven't seen censorship on people willing to sponsor plugins or pay for a developer to help on this board. Actually I think advertising services can get a bit overdone sometimes.

listisimo said:
    Is there anywhere in this forum where one can request paid for services from someone who know the ins and outs of Vanilla?

probably you could pm people who you think might be able to do the job and mention what you are going to pay for what you want.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

probably you could pm people who you think might be able to do the job and mention what you are going to pay for what you want.

But that means having to spend time tying to identify who can do the work and who might be amenable to do it, without them advertising the fact. So much easier if there is a place where everyone knows you can advertise for work.

Are you interested?

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Posting requests & offers for paid services is fine.

• Options
    mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭

Lincoln said:
    Posting requests & offers for paid services is fine.

I agree with what @listisimo said. Creating a separate subforum or a list of people perhaps would make it easier for people to elicit paid help. I don't do anything paid, but I can see how it would benefit the popularity of Vanilla.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

I don't think we're ready for a separate category. Allowing is not the same as inviting; we don't have the manpower to moderate it.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Then @lincoln engage other members as moderators. Most forums have more than one moderator !

I suggest @x00 , @peregrine and @hbf as mods

• Options

I am a refugee from vBulletin. It was a traumatic experience. I spent a year wrestling with it rather than building a community. Worst choice I have ever made. vBulletin has to be one of the most unfriendly and off-putting forum packages around. In contrast I love what I've seen of Vanilla so far. It's everything vB isn't. The only thing is, it looks like you have to be a techie to configure it.

• Options

listisimo said:
    The only thing is, it looks like you have to be a techie to configure it.

That's not entirely true, just ask what you need to know (in separate topic, please) and if you think you're not technical enough to handle it, then hire a technical person who can help you. You'll figure out who can help you in which instance after looking at the forums, for about 2 days, 1 week tops :-)

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Vb is a backend developers forum. You will sit their in the dark for weeks tweaking.

Vanilla is a frontend developers forum, point click customise.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@listisimo

I'm a computer professional (or was) but not a developer or programmer.

I agree that on first glance Vanilla can seem imposing and hard to figure, but a look under the hood, and the examples and patience of those who use this forum will get you going in no time.