Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Anybody ever write an app for vanilla that interacts with the vanilla db.

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I would be forever grateful if you could pm me or post here or point me to a well written one that is available (preferably one that hits the database). I've got a few questions relating to which file would I use to make calls to load css files and js scripts. Also what class do you implement if any. e.g. General layout questions.

E.g.I was hoping to find an application that was well written as an example to write some things that did some db access and css customization and maybe some js. I was playing with the skeleton app but I don't understand what you should do for some things.

e.g. there is a stub for bootstrap in the skeleton (or for your custom app). I assumed that was where I could load my css and it took over when I went to the dashboard (e.g. moved the left dashboard panel to the right), so obviously that wasn't the place to put it.

in plugins you extend the Gdn_Plugin

class MyPlugin extends Gdn_Plugin {

what do you extend when you do an app?

I've looked at the sample in the doc, but I need more pointers so to speak.

Or if there is uploaded app in the addons directory you can point me to.

TIA and forever after.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Howdy @peregrine, have you looked at the Skeleton app that comes prepackaged with Vanilla? There's some pretty decent examples / starter stuff in there. Also, note that applications/vanilla is itself a "basic app" so you can mimic things that are done in there. Same with applications/conversations.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

thx. I'll look at conversations. I also found candy and the vanilla-addons app in github.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.