Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

@Lincoln,@Todd,I want to Say that...

vershaversha New
edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I want to Say that you have to providing the feature for uploading the modified version( not to change the version) in vanilla.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

What are we talking about here? The Addons section?

• Options

if I want to modified the add-on code then i have change the version then I upload the Add-on , there in no way to upload the same version Add-on.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

I think there is a difference in the semantic concept on what version means.

if you modify code - the version needs to change otherwise no one will be able to distinguish the difference. - which renders the use of version numbers as useless.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Or perhas @versha wants to dominate the addons area with lots n lots of same named , same version plugins... Its a striking concept

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Versha - you have already created duplicate plugins - one of which had to be removed.

And I believe you have also created under a different username http://vanillaforums.org/addon/sociallogin-plugin

correct me if I am wrong.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@ peregrine yes you are right. but if i want to modified ,not change the version. there is no way for it.

• Options

@peregrine thank you for delete that plugin.

• Options

we are on a different logical spectrum or there is a translation problem.

so you are creating plugins under diifferent usernames and creating duplicate plugins so you don't have to change the version number. I leave that to you and Todd to sort out :).

• Options

I want to update the plugin without change the version.

• Options

It makes no sense. Why are you "hung up" on this.

• Options

fine

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited July 2012

@versha no disrespect but you have your knickers in a twist.

Vanilla has a RC. Number , release candidate. So an addon can be for rc . 2.0.18.4 you may create a plugin for that RC, but in the about me you give your plugin a version number, lets say 1.

Then when you want to update, you change that version number to 2 and reupload your new version which gets added chronologically before version 1

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012
        $PluginInfo['YouDecipheredIt422'] = array(
           'Version'        => '1.0',   // this has to be changed to upload
           'RequiredApplications' => array('Vanilla' => '>=2.0.18')  //this doesn't have to change to upload
            )

one is called 'Version' and the other is called 'RequiredApplications'

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Thats the one cheers @peregrine.