Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can I turn off 'Activity' and 'Inbox' (private messages)?

nicepaulnicepaul
edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Can't find a way of turning this stuff off to simplify the forum.

I can revoke Members' permission to see the Activity, but I can't remove the link from the navigation (no option to do so, not enough CSS hooks to hide it), and they just see a 'permission denied' page if I do that.

thanks,
Paul

Comments

• $Configuration['Garden']['Profile']['ShowActivities'] = FALSE;

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• In /conf/config.php?

That's already set to False.

• $Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Conversations'] = '';

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• That worked for the Inbox, thanks!

• if the activity link still shows and you want to remove it - modify your theme

in default.master.tpl or default.master.php - search for activity and comment it out.

• Thanks!

Had a dig around, found that in /themes/mytheme/views/default.master.php

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited August 2012

For the Inbox, the saner way is to simply go to "Applications" in your Dashboard and turn off the Conversations app.