HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Would it be possible to send a notification when an answer has been Accepted or Rejected?

2»

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@kirkpa31

I just mean that you can quickly find all the configurations referenced by searching the source code files. Configurations are checked in code by C('FirstBox.SecondBox.ThirdBox.Etc', 'Default Value');

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Ahhh thank you! I will use your advice to change my attempt.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

@kirkpa31

You can either join the "cargo cult guessing game school of red herrings" by guessing
    configs, definitions, and events or you can do what @hgtonight said (which is the correct way to go imo, and hgtonight will put your train back on the proper track.). It will keep you from trying non-existent configs and nonsensical suggestions.

@hgtonight said

@kirkpa31 You could search the source code for 'Preferences.Email' and it will list out all the different configurations used.

No need to guess

some configs can't be found by searching for C( but the link below shows other options for finding all configs.

@kirkpa31

this will get you on the path to enlightenment and away from the dark side of mysticism, crystal ball and red herrings.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/171978/#Comment_171978

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

If I don't reply back in the next couple of days, know that it is b/c I've drowned in the source code. But at least now I know what direction land is in, so I will use your advice and start a new trek.

Thanks guys!

• Options
    kirkpa31kirkpa31 ✭✭
    edited April 2013

!!! I think I solved it !!! - in all my tests this works - i.e. other notifications are still emailed to the user when they select that particular preference - but if anyone sees something that may cause this to mess up other notifications that I'm currently overseeing, please chime in.

could not get a config.php solution

within /applications/dashboard/models/class.activitymodel.php

EDIT

Changed the word 'Force' in the first part of the if else statement to '' around line 477:

// Send a notification to the user.
          if ($Notify) {
             if ($QueueEmail)
                $this->QueueNotification($ActivityID, $Story, 'last', $SendEmail == 'Force');
             else
                $this->SendNotification($ActivityID, $Story, $SendEmail == 'Force');
          }

return $ActivityID;
       }

to:

// Send a notification to the user.
          if ($Notify) {
             if ($QueueEmail)
                $this->QueueNotification($ActivityID, $Story, 'last', $SendEmail == '');
             else
                $this->SendNotification($ActivityID, $Story, $SendEmail == 'Force');
          }

return $ActivityID;
       }

@peregrine I tried to employ a half educated-guessing and half red-herring methodology for this - my specialty

Utilizing Vanilla V. 2.0.18.8

• Options

kirkpa31

It's not a red herring if you tested and it works. nice work! I don't use the plugin, but I'm sure this may help others if it works as you say it does.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Oh I'm happy I signed on this morning to see this! Thank you @kirkpa31!!!!

• Options
    SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

This is what I like to see, people asking for help but still try to do it themselves, makes me proud! @kirkpa31 Congratulations