Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

CakePHP 2 Integration

okansahinokansahin New
edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,
I have searched but i didnt found anything. I want to integration Vanilla Forum with CakePHP ? Do you have a link?

Or do you know a link about detailed guide with Garden Framework?

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

No, we use our own Garden framework, so integrating with third-party frameworks doesn't make a lot of sense. Using something like Doxygen to generate docs from the inline docs could help you a lot.

• While Lincoln's answer makes a lot of sense if you're starting from scratch, if you already have a big CakePHP application with existing users, it would be great to be able plug Vanilla forums in easily and give them the benefit of what looks like a really great forum tool. There are obviously lots of people trying to do this but it would be great to have a 'how to' guide - I'll report back if I get it working.

• What do you mean by integration?

People use term like "integration", "bridge", etc vague sense which doesn't mean much. often they are hoping to to somehow meld together/

Do you mean SSO, embedding, parallel thememing, APIs, or force loading frameworks together, becuase they are all available, but I would advise against the later.

Nevertheless software to fit one individual case doesn't just jump out to the box, you have to do the work.

grep is your friend.

• Thanks x00, just come back to this. In my case, I think jsconnect and the default embed plugin are going to give me what I need in terms of SSO and the ability to show parts of the forum in appropriate places in my site...just one little issue with understanding jsconnect to sort out first but I'll post this as a new question.