Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Why am I receiving email notifications of postings in categories for which I have no permission?

geebeegeebee New
edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

In our forum there are 3 categories, where members of category A are not allowed to view discussions in categories B and C. Still, as a member of category A, I receive email notifications of postings in the other categories. In My Preferences, I have only checked the boxes "notify me of private messages" and "notify me when I am added to private conversations". Why am I getting email notifications of discussions I'm not allowed to see?

Answers

• Options

Try turning off Advanced Notifications and Activity you can find this in the Roles & Permissions page.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@VizionMc What is with the necroposting? This thread is almost 3 years old.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

I did not know lol

• Options

NECROPOSTING - ROFL with this word.

Is any way to COMPLETELY CLEAR notifications from being displayed in nav menu? I had a buggy notification that I can't remove,