Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

When will Vanilla 2.1 will be released?

aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I know there is not a strict timeline because there are lot of other things vanilla team is busy in.

But I have been waiting for beta release for so many days to run into my forum because I love this software and because I want the first one to try it and because I want to give my users something this cool asap.

Each time I see in Github, the alpha version increments to 1. When will it freeze? What other features vanilla developers are planning to add? Some other insights that vanilla evangelists would like to hear? And when will be beta release? Not a exact date, but approximate week?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

Right now we have a hosting release planned for end of September. That's most likely when we'll be releasing a beta of 2.1.

Answers

Answer ✓

Right now we have a hosting release planned for end of September. That's most likely when we'll be releasing a beta of 2.1.

• @Todd said:

looking forward to it. When you release it you might have announcement to fix incompatlble plugins. For most a simple change is in order.

they may need to replace all the

&$Sender

with 
    $Sender 

in the plugin code itself.

should fix most plugins that don't work in vanilla 2.1

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

via Email
    Just to be clear: this will be a beta release. How long 2.1 stays in beta
    depends on how much help we get testing it. We know our software works on
    our own servers, so what's left is all of the situations that you guys run
    into.
  • Good news... I'll help if i can with testing. I'm really loking forward to it. Especially Vanilla Forum & Wordpress integration (if there will be any in this update?)

• It appears this release never happened? The latest version I get when I download is 2.0.18.8

• well yeah, it didnt and f**k it... it was so bugged that I had to hire a real bug killer to stop the disease to spread !!

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@khalwat said:
    It appears this release never happened? The latest version I get when I download is 2.0.18.8

2.1b1 was released: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vanilla-core-2.1b1

Read Todd's comments as this is a BETA release.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.