HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Hide profile from guests.

This discussion is related to the MyProfile addon.
AnonymooseAnonymoose ✭✭
edited October 2012 in Feedback
public function ProfileController_MyProfile_Create($Sender, $Args) {

// Check to see if guest.
       if(Gdn::Session()->UserID == 0){
         return FALSE;}

Added this code to hide from all guests.

Comments

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited March 2013

@Anonymoose:
    This seems to lead to a blank page. So probably not the best way.
    I added your code on line 60 in the file ~/plugins/MyProfile/default.php

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • use

throw NotFoundException();

grep is your friend.

UnderDoglifeisfoo

@x00: Is it possible to hide it from guests? Where do i need to place "throw NotFoundException();" ?

Thanx

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013
    add the if below this function to prevent the tab showing for non-logged in users.

public function ProfileController_AddProfileTabs_handler($Sender) {
             if(Gdn::Session()->UserID < 1) return;

add this if statement  to prevent someone from viewing the link if they know the link 

public function ProfileController_MyProfile_Create($Sender, $Args) {
        if (Gdn::Session()->UserID < 1)   throw NotFoundException();

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

phreak
    edited March 2013

Thank you peregrine. Works great. By UserID < 1 looks like a logical work around. Just logically this can be done by asking for the role also or?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

Not necessarily - a user can have many roles, then you will have a jungle of testing.

If the user is not logged in they have session user id of 0 and are therefore guests.

Although some people have userid of 0 as root in their tables - I think this is an artifact of migrations. and they really shouldn't have a userid of 0 in the user table.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

phreak

Ah ok, thanx peregrine. Knowledge is power. :)