HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Hide profile from guests.

AnonymooseAnonymoose ✭✭
edited October 2012 in Feedback
public function ProfileController_MyProfile_Create($Sender, $Args) {

// Check to see if guest.
       if(Gdn::Session()->UserID == 0){
         return FALSE;}

Added this code to hide from all guests.

Comments

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited March 2013

@Anonymoose:
    This seems to lead to a blank page. So probably not the best way.
    I added your code on line 60 in the file ~/plugins/MyProfile/default.php

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • use

throw NotFoundException();

grep is your friend.

@x00: Is it possible to hide it from guests? Where do i need to place "throw NotFoundException();" ?

Thanx

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013
    add the if below this function to prevent the tab showing for non-logged in users.

public function ProfileController_AddProfileTabs_handler($Sender) {
             if(Gdn::Session()->UserID < 1) return;

add this if statement  to prevent someone from viewing the link if they know the link 

public function ProfileController_MyProfile_Create($Sender, $Args) {
        if (Gdn::Session()->UserID < 1)   throw NotFoundException();

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

edited March 2013

Thank you peregrine. Works great. By UserID < 1 looks like a logical work around. Just logically this can be done by asking for the role also or?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

Not necessarily - a user can have many roles, then you will have a jungle of testing.

If the user is not logged in they have session user id of 0 and are therefore guests.

Although some people have userid of 0 as root in their tables - I think this is an artifact of migrations. and they really shouldn't have a userid of 0 in the user table.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Ah ok, thanx peregrine. Knowledge is power. :)