Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Remove avatars from Mobile site?

edited October 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi!

What is the easiest way to remove or disable avatars for the default mobile theme only? It appears to be using applications/dashboard/design/style.css, but that's also used by my full site. I can't change that without affecting everything else..

Any tips?

Best Answers

• Options
    HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    Answer ✓

You can find the css of the mobile theme in the /themes folder. If I were in your place though, I would copy-paste and rename that theme an make my changes in the new one so that you can always fall back in case you mess things up.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    Answer ✓
    .ProfilePhotoMedium{display:none!important;} or 
    img.ProfilePhotoMedium{display:none!important;} or
    body#vanilla_discussions_index.Vanilla.Discussions.index.ProfilePhotoMedium{display:none!important;}

Answers

• Options

I should mention that I only want to remove avatars from actual discussions

• Options
    HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    Answer ✓

You can find the css of the mobile theme in the /themes folder. If I were in your place though, I would copy-paste and rename that theme an make my changes in the new one so that you can always fall back in case you mess things up.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    Answer ✓
    .ProfilePhotoMedium{display:none!important;} or 
    img.ProfilePhotoMedium{display:none!important;} or
    body#vanilla_discussions_index.Vanilla.Discussions.index.ProfilePhotoMedium{display:none!important;}
  • Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited November 2012

@Fluffycakes

You can set rules to affect specific page types by appending the page type name to the rule.

e.g.

.discussions .ProfilePhotoMedium{display:none!important;}
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

The mobile site will hide avatars by default in 2.1, FWIW.