HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Problem with element.style

Hi.
I have this problem with a theme that I'm building. When I write a new comment and post it. It get this background "#FFFF99" and it is that background i want to change.

When I look at it using firebug, I get that this tag control the background "element.style" But I can't change the background-color of it in my custom.css file. So I think I'm looking at the wrong tag.

This "element.style" is only there directly after you have post a new comment. As soon you refresh the site or something like it. It get the background that is set by the div class ".DataList . Item"

So how do I change the background-color of this "element.style" ??

Comments

• element.style means inline-styling. You cannot override this with css. However, I wonder which item this should be as I haven't seen inline-styling throughout vanilla except for plugins.

• Okey, but then I wonder how i can change this background color. bec that background color that is now, does not go at all with my theme :P

• HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    edited October 2012

Do you have a link or at least a screenshot so we can see which element exactly is causing the trouble?

• Here is a screenshot how it's looks when I have just posted a comment.

I have firebug open under so you can see what code is generated.

I have no plugins activated.

• Which version of vanilla are you running? My items are not inline-styled...

• @HalfCat I,m running 2.0.18.4

• Hmm, very weirdo. I'm kinda clueless. The only thing i could think of is that some javascript is giving the inline-styling but I can't really help where you should be searching here...

• @HalfCat okey. tanks for trying :)

• Well I have solved it, But i still not know what it was. I just tested the theme on a fresh install. And it did't show up this time