Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Problem with element.style

Hi.
I have this problem with a theme that I'm building. When I write a new comment and post it. It get this background "#FFFF99" and it is that background i want to change.

When I look at it using firebug, I get that this tag control the background "element.style" But I can't change the background-color of it in my custom.css file. So I think I'm looking at the wrong tag.

This "element.style" is only there directly after you have post a new comment. As soon you refresh the site or something like it. It get the background that is set by the div class ".DataList . Item"

So how do I change the background-color of this "element.style" ??

Comments

• element.style means inline-styling. You cannot override this with css. However, I wonder which item this should be as I haven't seen inline-styling throughout vanilla except for plugins.

• Okey, but then I wonder how i can change this background color. bec that background color that is now, does not go at all with my theme :P

• HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    edited October 2012

Do you have a link or at least a screenshot so we can see which element exactly is causing the trouble?

• Here is a screenshot how it's looks when I have just posted a comment.

I have firebug open under so you can see what code is generated.

I have no plugins activated.

• Which version of vanilla are you running? My items are not inline-styled...

• @HalfCat I,m running 2.0.18.4

• Hmm, very weirdo. I'm kinda clueless. The only thing i could think of is that some javascript is giving the inline-styling but I can't really help where you should be searching here...

• @HalfCat okey. tanks for trying :)

• Well I have solved it, But i still not know what it was. I just tested the theme on a fresh install. And it did't show up this time