HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Changing admin/mod name colours?

Are there any solutions to changing name colours for admins and mods? I heard there was a plugin for this, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Help appreciated :)

Comments

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    edited October 2012

The RoleTitle plugin (http://vanillaforums.org/addon/roletitle-plugin) will add everything needed to do something like this.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

FluffycakesUnderDogOlivaw
  • You're helpful as always, thank you!

Kasper
  • KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

Anytime! You're welcome :-)

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• edited October 2012

Just found out this is easily done via CSS too (at least for discussions)! Here's what I currently use:

.role-administrator .Comment .Meta .Author a { color: #3fadd6 !important; }
    .role-member .Comment .Meta .Author a { color: #5d5d5d !important; }
    .role-moderator .Comment .Meta .Author a { color: #7ba846 !important; }

• This only works when you have the RoleTitle plugin enabled as this adds the .role-classes

• ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭
    edited February 2013

Sorry for bumping an aging thread.. but why doesn't this method work in 2.1? The plugin itself appears to function, but the CSS does nothing.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@Zhaan

Because there are a lot of significant changes in 2.1

Plugin writers will need to check them, and update if necessary, and they can be bothered.

If you do a search re plugins and 2.1, @peregrine wrote about a simple code change which might help.