Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Changing admin/mod name colours?

Are there any solutions to changing name colours for admins and mods? I heard there was a plugin for this, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Help appreciated :)

Comments

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    edited October 2012

The RoleTitle plugin (http://vanillaforums.org/addon/roletitle-plugin) will add everything needed to do something like this.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• You're helpful as always, thank you!

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

Anytime! You're welcome :-)

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• edited October 2012

Just found out this is easily done via CSS too (at least for discussions)! Here's what I currently use:

.role-administrator .Comment .Meta .Author a { color: #3fadd6 !important; }
    .role-member .Comment .Meta .Author a { color: #5d5d5d !important; }
    .role-moderator .Comment .Meta .Author a { color: #7ba846 !important; }

• This only works when you have the RoleTitle plugin enabled as this adds the .role-classes

• ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭
    edited February 2013

Sorry for bumping an aging thread.. but why doesn't this method work in 2.1? The plugin itself appears to function, but the CSS does nothing.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@Zhaan

Because there are a lot of significant changes in 2.1

Plugin writers will need to check them, and update if necessary, and they can be bothered.

If you do a search re plugins and 2.1, @peregrine wrote about a simple code change which might help.