Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Installation of forum with jconnect

hi,

can any one help me to install vanilla forum and single sing on. jconnect ready made plugin

Comments

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

Hi Raul,
    What do you need, exactly?

• Options

i wanna vanilla forums to install in my website and please add single singon integration by using ready made plugin jconnect

http://vanillaforums.org/docs/singlesignon

can i have your skype id ??

• Options

It's not just a matter of installing Vanilla. SSO requires two parties: one is Vanilla, who is asking for the User details, the other is your website, who is providing it.

That means that you also have to add to your website the code that receives requests from Vanilla and replies with the data for JsConnect. The complexity of doing this depends on what you are using for your website (a framework such as WordPress, completely custom code, and so on). With a framework, there might be a plugin that does the job. With custom code, you would have to create one yourself.

• Options

cant we ready made plugin jconnect ??

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Yeah, we did a ready-made one for WordPress. But we can't magically guess how your particular piece of software works, so we give you a template and you fill in the details.

• Options

link pls

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

when in doubt - one thing to do is go to the documentation link at the top of this page. After clicking, There you will find a link for jsconnect and all associated info.

Also not so obvious, you can search jsconnect on this site the answers to your question are numerous and links are given.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@raulx83 What Lincoln is telling you is the same I already wrote you in private. Vanilla JsConnect works out of the box for the Vanilla portion of SSO. However, it takes two to Tango, and the other party is your own website, which will have to listen to requests coming from Vanilla and provide some details.

As I wrote you, you will probably need a custom plugin/module developed for your specific needs.