Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

You don't have permission to access /forum/dashboard/user/applicants on this server?

2»

Answers

• Options

@peregrine - nope, it's my forum, I installed it myself, and am pretty familiar with everything in the dashboard.

Yes, I am the admin, it also states that. As for the roles and permissions, that's all checked, so that's not the problem either.

I'm thinking it must have something to do with the coding itself.
    Or, is it possible that a plugin could affect this?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

Perhaps the 2000 applicants could be causing an issue? In answer to your question about a plugin conflict (unlikely, but possible), it's never a bad idea to disable all plugins if you are troubleshooting something. Good Luck.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine, if I disable the plugins, would I lose everything connected to them? For example, I have pockets set up, would I have to set up the pockets again, or would the information stay?

• Options

@StaticCory have you doublechecked your Permission settings in your dashboard ?

also if you disable plugins, you wont loose anything.

• Options

@fr3333333x Yup, everything in the permissions section is fine.
    As for the plugins, somebody else told me that certain plugins save the data, and others don't, so I shouldn't disable them.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2012

@StaticCory

@StaticCory said:

Darn, well, before I decide to upgrade, which I eventually will, is there anyway to manually remove all of the applicants? Through a backdoor somehow? I read someone that I can access it through the database, but not sure where that is.

try this plugin after you backup your database. Don't ask me how to backup and restore your database. you should learn how to do it with some tool e.g. phpmyadmin. (every forum owner should learn how to backp and restore database as the first order of business or before even going online)

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/cleanser-plugin

if the plugin works for you, then you can make a contribution :)).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

One of the users in my forum gets this message when she tries to post:

You don't have permission to access /vanilla/vanilla/post/comment/111 on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

But only one user, and I have no programming skills -- can anyone suggest a reason why this is happening and what I could try to fix it?

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

why do you have vanilla twice ? check to ensure you have paths correctly setup

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    MarcwolfMarcwolf New
    edited October 2013

[Split] I have a simplar issue. I have gone into the GDN_Perimmisions table and verified that all of the Garden columns are set to 1 for the Admin
    However when I go into the Roles on the dashboard all of the garden ones are not set.
    I am running the latest 2.0.18.8