Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Install problem with 2.1b

I am trying to do a fresh install of the 2.1b release. I uploaded the files but when I open the script in the browser I get the following error:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'PATH_LIBRARY_CORE/functions.error.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/social/public_html/community/bootstrap.php on line 33

I'm sure I have done something stupid. Anyone know what?

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

throw this into to the top of bootstrap on line 2.

print_r(get_defined_constants(true));

see what PATH_ROOT displays.

also put it in just above line 33.

report back PATH_ROOT results. It will probably provide some hints.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Uhm, I get a whole mess of stuff. I'll pm you.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

the root is getting set

[PATH_ROOT] => /home/social/public_html/community

for some reason

path isn't set up here...

if (!defined('PATH_LIBRARY')) define('PATH_LIBRARY', PATH_ROOT.'/library');
    if (!defined('PATH_LIBRARY_CORE')) define('PATH_LIBRARY_CORE', PATH_LIBRARY.'/core');

Can you see a file in this exact directory.
    /home/social/public_html/community/library/core/functions.error.php

I don't know if this is recommended....
    I suppose you could hardcode the path in your conf/constants.php

define('PATH_LIBRARY', PATH_ROOT . DS . 'library');

e.g.

define('PATH_LIBRARY', '/home/social/public_html/community/library');

and see what that does.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

The file is there. Before I start hardcoding things.... has anyone successfully installed the new beta package yet?

• Options

counter question - have you installed previous vanilla versions on this same server without problems - if so - which version?

• Options

Yeah I'm running 2.1a31 and it works fine.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

My guess is that you didn't copy conf/constants.php along with the rest of the files.

• Options

@lincoln you are correct. However, the reason it didn't get uploaded is its not in the package :p

• Options

Yeah I don't know what I did but apparently I downloaded the wrong one. Thanks for your help!

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

No problem. Good luck.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

@Lincoln - riddle me this?

riddle 1 to Lincoln

in bootstrap there is a test to see if VANILLA_CONSTANTS is set, if not it loads conf/constants.php

(I only see VANILLA_CONSTANTS defined in constants.php)

so assuming /conf/constants.php doesn't exist -PATH_LIBRARY and PATH_LIBRARY_CORE would be undefined and the two conditionals should have set them...

if (!defined('PATH_LIBRARY_CORE')) define('PATH_LIBRARY_CORE', PATH_LIBRARY.'/core');

why didn't it get defined by the above two conditionals.

Riddle 2 to DirtyDog.

I suppose you could hardcode the path in your conf/constants.php

define('PATH_LIBRARY', PATH_ROOT . DS . 'library');

e.g.

define('PATH_LIBRARY', '/home/social/public_html/community/library');

why didn't you say you didn't have a constants.php after reading my message.

good thing Lincoln came along.

• Options

@peregrine said:
    Riddle 2 to DirtyDog.

good thing Lincoln came along.

Well like I said above I wanted to see if anyone else was able to install the beta before I went messing with the constants file, so I never looked at it.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2012

@peregrine said:

>

Where do you see that code exactly?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

@Lincoln said:
    Where do you see that code exactly?

sorry I looked at wrong version of souce code.

• I'll keep the silly questions to a minimum. I see now the errors of my reasoning after looking at the correct version of the code.

I have multiple versions of vanilla source - and I looked at the wrong one - I looked vanilla 2.0.18.4 code by mistake.

• Options

BAM! You’ve got a sweet forum

Heh.