Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

CSS Attribute .Read for Discussion View

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Hi everybody,

This board shows a CSS attribute called .Read (they grey ones) for those discussions opened and no new postings in the meantime.

Is this integrated in 2.0.18.4?
(I'm asking because i'm still sticking with 2.0.18.1, still beeing carefull to upgrade as it is a bigger board).

Or did anone managed to integrate that easily, won't work without touching the core em?

Greetz and thanx for help
phreak

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

It wouldn't have been added in a minor point release, no. Probably new for 2.1.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2012

this may be a bit off-topic @phreak

but I wrote a plugin for 2.0.18.4 (prior to 2.1 which has read and unread discussion viewing built in).

it's called

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/onlyread-plugin

it may or may not be helpful to you - if you are using pre 2.1 version of vanilla.
    the plugin is "asis" meaning I will let it fall to the wayside since something similar and better was implemented in the core of vanilla 2.1

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@Lincoln: Thanx for information.

@peregrine: Thanx, i tried your plugin, but the mechanic isn't really what i'm looking for. I guess i have to go for a custom developed plugin to get the functionality i want. I'd pay someone and get the plugin to the community.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • Options

@phreak

well if you pm me and describe exactly what you want, maybe we can work out some kind of deal on a custom plugin.

I'm not exactly sure what feature you had in mind and I've got them all jumbled up in my mind, I've seen a few of your feature requests, some would horribly slow down performance.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine: Jep, saw that you wrote me. I'll contact you.