Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Flag private messages

ghurleyghurley New
edited December 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Is there a way to configure the Flagging plugin such that users are able to flag private messages?

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Nope, because the admin wouldn't be able to see it anyway. The most abrupt way is to just add the moderator to the message :D

• Options

Then I would like to request this as a feature. Recently a user on my site got a threatening private message from another user, but did not know how to report it.

• Options

The purpose of a private message is to be private. If your users knew that the moderators could read their messages just by flagging a message, well... it wouldn't end well.

If a user is threatened via pm, he can still reach out to you even without a one-click option...

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

a user on my site got a threatening private message from another user, but did not know how to report it.

In this case , a forward-message-2-Mod feature would be more efficient than flagging, then depending on the threat type, i.e.

a.threatened to hack their facebook page = ban

or

b.threatened to go to their home and kill them= take screenshot of message, write down the IP of the User and go to their local police . Most already have a cybercrime department.