Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Adding a blog page to the forum

Hi guys, I have not been able to find an answer to this question in the community and hence this post:

• how can I integrate/setup a blog page on my Vanilla Forum?

If there in no vanilla addon, could the solution be to add a new directory to my site and installing a Wordpress cms/theme into it?

Comments

• ChanuxChanux Admin of Geek.lk ✭✭

install a wordpress and add vanilla comments

• Thanks DirtyDog. That solution helped !

Dear Chanux : I didn't understand. My issue is that i have already installed Vanilla. If I thought things thru, I would have installed WP first and then added the Vanilla plugin. Is that what you are meaning too.

• Hey guys, I am back with a new query. I noticed that a new user can also post a blog article, although my settings are for them add comments only. How can I change this setting? Really need help quickly as the advertisement for the site starts soon.

• GaryFunkGaryFunk Senior Application Developer ✭✭

@mventures What blog application are you using?

• Hey Gary, I am using NILLA BLOG PLUGIN as suggested DirtyDog in the earlier messages.

• GaryFunkGaryFunk Senior Application Developer ✭✭

Ah, I missed that. I can't help you at this time. That's one plugin I have not looked at.

• Thanks Gary. Hope someone can come to my aid. I will try contacting the plugin author as well if i can.