Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How and where to know if Vanilla 2.1 is compatible with memcache

Hi guys,

Before i was told that Vanilla 2.1 will be working with memcache, this one would really help people like me that are self-hosted site, i hope someone could point me out to the right direction on tracking the codes where and how it's working and if it will be working on mine..

Hope someone can point me out to the right direction :)

Comments

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

I haven't used it myself, but, in theory, using Memcached should be fairly straightforward. In a previous thread, a User was indicating that the following settings, added to the configuration file, should be sufficient:

$Configuration['Cache']['Enabled'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Cache']['Method'] = 'memcached';
    $Configuration['memcached']['Store'] = 'localhost';

I haven't tested it, therefore make sure you have everything backed up before experimenting (not much because of memcached, which should not have any impact on your data, but mainly because 2.1 is still a Beta, or an Alpha, depending on what version you're using).

• Options

I understand they make more use of it.

grep is your friend.

• Options

hey @businessdad i've tried this one and go through all the circus of installing memcache on my php and it's not working.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

It uses memcached, not memcache. They are not the same thing.

• Options

hey there @Lincoln thanks for visiting my thread, i actually have 2 threads for this issue i'm facing right now, here: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/22848/cache-question-for-memcached#latest

I have posted the issues there and error messages i got and screenshots.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

It's the same issue. You're trying to use memcache. Vanilla has no support for memcache. It supports memcached, which is not the same library.