Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

500 Server error

2»

Comments

• Options
    To give more detail: I FTP the contents of the "vanilla" folder to my webspace (where in another folder incidentally 0.92 is running happily). I then set the following folders (and all files within) to 666: conf, extensions, languages, setup, themes And i still get the error. what am i doing wrong?
  • Options
    I've tried moving it to a different part of my hosting in case that was at fault, and now i have a different problem. When going to step 2 it comes up with a screen saying that it does't have write access to the items in the conf directory. this is quite confusing and no mistake, especially as 0.92 installed so easily...:(
  • Options
    Huh. Wierd. What about if you chmod all folders (recursively) to 777? If you get the 500, swap the install files only to 644. What error does it give then?

If you get all the way through the install on that drop all files back to (atleast) 666.
  • Options
    doing a 777 on ALL folders and files and i still get the same error. (cant write to the files). Must be something to do with the hosting? Weird though, as i had no such problems with 0.92 with the same host.
  • Options
    Who has ownership of the files? Though really it shouldnt make a difference and i suggest you dont transfer it away from yourself if you cant get it back. I'm confused.
    Are you sure the chmod is actually working?
  • Options
    crazy stuff. All manner of errors now on three seperate test environments: The one that is having write issues im putting down to crazy hosting, but now on a local machine AND my main hosting we are back to the "connection to server was reset" or "blank page syndrome" when you verify the permissions. really weird.
  • Options
    Blank page syndrome has popped up before but i forget the cause. Try doing a quick search. Are you on php5 there?
  • Options
    I did read that im sure - under "noob question" i think. If it helps matters in any way, ALL of these hosts i am using are Windows based, running IIS . Would that make a difference?
  • Options
    rockwaldorockwaldo New
    edited May 2006
    Oh and PHP 5.1.4
  • Options
    And to further clarify things , im using this file: Vanilla.1.pre-release
  • Options
    Might be a php5 thing. Gotta run though. Search it or i'll be back in a few hours.
  • Options
    Here is a link to the solution found for the forum post Installing Vanilla on IIS - returns blank page.

Solution:
    http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?11,6400,10611#msg-10611

SkyBlueshoes
This discussion has been closed.