Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Mobile/Responsive version of this theme

Hello, I'm using this theme with a lot of love, because it look really outstanding. Lastly, I incorporated vanilla forum as an embed forum for my wordpress blog, which was really necessary, and now I have some issues with the look and design of this forum.
Here is the working link to the real site: http://polskikursblendera.pl/foro/
The community reports show that on mobile devices and on smaller screens there are ugly artifacts, inproper scaling, etc.
My question is: HOW to disable this right sidebar to make the whole thing more 'responsive'. Another solution can be to put right sidebar on the top when page becomes narrow. I don't know how to do it, so is here some guru or geek willing to help?
I can edit custom.css directly and changing php/css files is no problem for me, as I'm the admin of the site. I've put already some effort to tune up the quality of the look. I would love to see some suggestions :) Please help! :)

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited March 2013

@piotao

You can create a separate mobile theme.

Assuming you want a simialr look for mobile devices, I would suggest copying the Dark Mist folders & files into a new folder., and making the changes you want for the mobile theme in that one. Make sure to change the information in about.php.

Then, in config.php set this:

$Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'nameoftheme';

This should remove the Panel from the right hand side:

#Panel {
      display:none
    }
  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

There is dark mobile theme you can use http://vanillaforums.org/addon/mobile-theme, also you can use mobile theme switcher and change mobile themes on the fly.

Dark mist is not too great for embedding since it is wide. There are a few dark embed friendly themes similar to dark mist too.