Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Mobile/Responsive version of this theme

This discussion is related to the Dark Mist addon.

Hello, I'm using this theme with a lot of love, because it look really outstanding. Lastly, I incorporated vanilla forum as an embed forum for my wordpress blog, which was really necessary, and now I have some issues with the look and design of this forum.
Here is the working link to the real site: http://polskikursblendera.pl/foro/
The community reports show that on mobile devices and on smaller screens there are ugly artifacts, inproper scaling, etc.
My question is: HOW to disable this right sidebar to make the whole thing more 'responsive'. Another solution can be to put right sidebar on the top when page becomes narrow. I don't know how to do it, so is here some guru or geek willing to help?
I can edit custom.css directly and changing php/css files is no problem for me, as I'm the admin of the site. I've put already some effort to tune up the quality of the look. I would love to see some suggestions :) Please help! :)

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... Moderator
    edited March 2013

@piotao

You can create a separate mobile theme.

Assuming you want a simialr look for mobile devices, I would suggest copying the Dark Mist folders & files into a new folder., and making the changes you want for the mobile theme in that one. Make sure to change the information in about.php.

Then, in config.php set this:

$Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'nameoftheme';

This should remove the Panel from the right hand side:

#Panel {
      display:none
    }
    boardwalk
  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

There is dark mobile theme you can use http://vanillaforums.org/addon/mobile-theme, also you can use mobile theme switcher and change mobile themes on the fly.

Dark mist is not too great for embedding since it is wide. There are a few dark embed friendly themes similar to dark mist too.