Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

404 Site - Where and under which file name?

2»

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I know there are different errors lol however the default page says bonk file not found etc. Bonk is a general term for errors no? 404 is for file not found 505 server error etc etc. that is why when people say they get bonk we need to ask them for more info coz that is not enough to pinpoint the type of error besides the obvious 404 not found.

That is why I cloned your plugin and made Bonk 404 so as to make it easier to differentiate between errors...

I like German , so straight forward....Nicht Gefunden !!

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

German 404 should say..

Das ist not gut ja

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

Bonk is for fatal errors

404 is page not found

two completely different animals.

semantics aside. They go to different places.

to change your bonk page

one way is to copy

applications/dashboard/views/errormaster.php

to

your theme directory here

/themes/Mytheme/views/errormaster.php

and modify /themes/Mytheme/views/errormaster.php

to repeat again repeatedly :)

to change your 404 page (file not found)

copy applications/dashboard/views/home/filenotfound.php

to themes/mytheme/views/home/filenotfound.php

edit the file themes/YOURTHEMEGOESHERE/views/home/filenotfound.php

=====

let's say you make the above changes...

BONK

if you have a database table not found or a sql error it will read the errormaster.php
    which indeed produces a bonk error or a compile directory permission problem.

it will read

/themes/Mytheme/views/errormaster.php

File not Found

e.g. http://yourforums.org/discussion/x
    if someone browses on your site to a page that doesn't exist
    they will see this page here

themes/YOURTHEMEGOESHERE/views/home/filenotfound.php

claro!

@vrijvlinder C

That is why I cloned your plugin and made Bonk 404 so as to make it easier to differentiate between errors...

too me conflating bonk and 404 complicates it? no? or is that yes?

your thought process and my thought process are about as different as one can get. :) You do things correctly your way via your logic and I do mine differently. Sometimes you are right and sometime you are not, same with me.

meanwhile simon and garfunkel are playing the sounds of silence as far as phreak's response.
    maybe he's experimenting.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

well you said it before, many ways to skin the cat, who's tongue was eaten by the mouse ? not a peep in the house .

trink nicht zo viel caffe @Phreak !! we are in deep suspense, what goes !!

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited March 2013

Hi guys, sorry for my late return have been busy. Crazy a simple 404 Issue causing so much trouble here...

I have to admit that i'm still fixing my new board. Makes me kind of crazy that so much stuff has do be done by hand with Vanilla. So it also happens quite often that you solved something in the first forum but then don't remember or fiend proof how to do it in another one. Arrrg! Also @peregrine was smart knowing my other Vanilla board and postet the screenshot.

http://www.babykram.de/

i'll try your helps during the day, thank you all.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options
    edited March 2013

@Phreak
    I see your fatal error ...
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 76 bytes) in /www/htdocs/w00fd8ae/library/core/class.dispatcher.php on line 486

It occurs as it tries to access more memory than its allowed to by “Server PHP configuration” or “Vanilla Setting”. Increasing Memory will solve it. Here is solution for all users, who have shared hosting or dedicated or VPS, just FTP access to server will be enough.

Here are Solutions:

*** Here we consider 64M as good configuration. Depending on your need, server condition, how is your site, you could use 32M, 96M, 128M, 256M, 512M, 1024M, 2048M, 4096M. Make sure your server allow you to use that much dedicated memory.

1. Try adding this line to your config.php file:
      define(‘GARDEN_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ’64M’);

$Configuration['Garden']['Memory']['Limit']='64M';

1. If you have access to your PHP.ini file, change the line in PHP.ini
      If your line shows 32M try 64M:
      memory_limit = 64M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (64MB)

2. If you don’t have access to PHP.ini try adding this to an .htaccess file:
      php_value memory_limit 64M

3. Contact your web host support or the person manage your server.
      the limit for most hosts is 64MB anyway.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

@vrijvlinder

see
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/177746/#Comment_177746

I'll bet anyone that the problem is the filenotfound is redirecting to filenotfound over and over until it runs out of memory. And no matter how much memory he adds the infinite loop is going to run him out of memory, until he removes the incorrect route statement in his config.php for the 404 and copies the files as mentioned.

the suspense is killing us @phreak. Even more suspenseful then waiting for a badges plugin or the official release of vanilla 2.1 :)

my bet: two elefants and two ferraris (inside joke).

P.S. it already shows
    Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes), so he's got 64MB allocated.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    edited March 2013

I'm back. circulating around the world. Sorry, some weird community on the other side of the planet wanted me to make some kind of "Badges", never heard that before. Don't know what these guys are up to these days (must be world economic crises or something with the wales).

OK guys, i didn't know why or what went wrong. But after all. I inserted the route and adressed the dashboad folder again successfully. It was a wierd behaviour. Thanx for all your patience and help. :)

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • Options

so what does that mean????!!! was its das ?? hast du das arbeiten zu machen???

• Options

Yay, it works now.