Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Images not uploading

BrandonPBrandonP New
edited March 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

When im using this plugin, the images keep showing up blank (as if nothing is there). How can I resolve this issue? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Do you have the FileUpload plugin installed/enabled?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

yeah i do

• Options

for reference, this is what is showing on my screen. I've edited the image to show what the original is supposed to be

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I don't use that plugin, but are you certain it is supposed to show up there?

Can you post and see if the link to attachments still works?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    BrandonPBrandonP New
    edited March 2013

Yeah when I post all it does it says

with nothing around it

.... When I right click on the attachment and open it in a new window it says:

The Image "http://mywebsite.net/uploads/imagelocation.jpg" cannot be displayed because it displays errors

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Sorry, I was traveling . This has been mentioned before on this forum maybe @x00 can look into this further he is the author.

You can also look at this which may or may not be your issue but it may help with the thumbnail problem . I personally set the values in the config.php and edited the themes as needed using css to control the elements. It is possible that the size of the image may be a factor in the corruption during the upload. Have you tried with small images? like something very tiny like an icon. If the small pic shows then you know it has to do with size.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/164533/#Comment_164533

• Options

the main reason i would like this plugin working on my site, is a lot of times the users prefer to use their phones directly to navigate my website, and also share images from their phones. A lot of the people do not know how to resize/save/send the files, and I need to make it easy for them to share images if they choose to. Hopefully x00 can chime in here and he will shed some light onto the situation. I will try to upload a smaller resolution image and see if it shows up

• Options

no, i just tried to upload a 106KB file and it did the same thing

• Options

@BrandonP said:
    Yeah when I post all it does it says

with nothing around it

.... When I right click on the attachment and open it in a new window it says:

The Image "http://mywebsite.net/uploads/imagelocation.jpg" cannot be displayed because it displays errors

You can search in the Vanilla / plugin sourcecode for that, right?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

i dont know what you mean.

If I upload with the regular FileUpload plugin, it works fine. Once I enable the PLUpload plugin, my attachments show up blank (corrupted or something). There is some issue with the plugin. I like the client side resizing feature though, so i would like to figure out whats going on. I thought for a minute that maybe it was because the way I had the forum embedded, but upon futher testing by the discussion board by itself (Not embedded) it did the exact same thing. So I know its plugin related. I'm sure its something super simple, so it would be nice to figure out what's going on

• Options
    edited March 2013

I noticed that the plugin requirements are 'RequiredApplications' => array('Vanilla' => '2.0.18')

Maybe if you remove or change that to match the version you have of Vanilla of file upload . Or to 2.0.18.4 on both ?

'RequiredApplications' => array('Vanilla' => '2.0.9'),

I am not sure the will do anything but it can't hurt. Try using the fileuploaddetect plugin as well it by the same author.

• Options
    BrandonPBrandonP New
    edited March 2013

That's worth a try. Thanks. where are the plugin requirements located

EDIT:

Nah ... that didn't work

• Options
    edited March 2013

In the main plugin file it should say class.nameofplugin.php in the PIU it is in the default.php it is at the top with all the info about the plugin.

• Options

im going to give FileUploadDetect a go and see if it does anything

• Options

Ok , but if this does not work you can also adjust the max size in the config.php and use css to control the size it appears on the mobile and the theme. There are various solutions it is not a lost cause. don't give up.

• Options

yeah that didn't work. plus the zip available is messed up.

• Options

ok then rely on the manual configuration settings in your config.php to set the size. When the Author returns he could shed some light.

There is also jquery methods to control image sizes. But for now disable the plugins that did not work. And go into your config.php and add the values that work the best. You can look in the config-defaults.php for lines which are not in the config.php and copy the lines into the config.php and make the editing there.

here is some of my own config settings you may find useful considering my rig works fine. Copy or study what I have and compare to yours and add what you want to yours.

$Configuration['Garden']['Email']['MimeType'] = 'text/html';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Version'] = '2.0.18.4';
    $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['CanProcessImages'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Format']['Hashtags'] = FALSE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Thumbnail']['SaveGif'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Preview']['MaxHeight'] = 200;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Preview']['MaxWidth'] = 175;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Picture']['MaxHeight'] = 1000;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Picture']['MaxWidth'] = 600;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Upload']['AllowedFileExtensions'] = array('txt', 'jpg', 'jpeg', 'gif', 'png', 'bmp', 'tiff', 'zip', 'gz', 'tar.gz', 'tgz', 'psd', 'ai', 'fla', 'swf', 'pdf', 'doc', 'xls', 'ppt', 'docx', 'xlsx', 'log', 'rar', '7z', 'mp3', 'wav', 'aiff', 'mov', 'cur');
    $Configuration['Garden']['Upload']['MaxFileSize'] = '64M';

• Options
    BrandonPBrandonP New
    edited March 2013

I tried to adjust the config file with the following values:

'$Configuration['Garden']['CanProcessImages'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Thumbnail']['SaveGif'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Preview']['MaxHeight'] = 100;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Preview']['MaxWidth'] = 175;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Picture']['MaxHeight'] = 4000;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Picture']['MaxWidth'] = 4000;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Upload']['AllowedFileExtensions'] = array('jpg', 'jpeg', 'gif', 'png');
    $Configuration['Garden']['Upload']['MaxFileSize'] = '4M';'

But it still did not work. The Basic uploader will upload the picture. I was reading VIA a google search there could be some adjustment that could be done to the plupload.gears.js file. Something to do with the Chunk Size or something.. (cant remember)

• Options

This happened to someone else, but I don't think I got feedback off them.

It does try to upload in a number of different ways, and some of them might not be suitable, it should be possible to change the order of what is tried.

Btw there is not such thing as 100% support for upload in mobiles, it is just not somethign that mobile used to do well, and it is taking a wile for a consistent.

Can you give me details like, browser version, operating system, vanilla version (I have only tested on 2.0).

grep is your friend.

• Options
    BrandonPBrandonP New
    edited March 2013

Well , I tested it on Samsung Galaxy S3 using Firefox browser, and also on a Dell Inspiron (windows 7) with Firefox 19.0.2 and Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.16521. Although in IE it didn't do anything at all (Load the screen to choose files). But I normally use firefox.

Im running Vanilla forums 2.0.18.4