Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

In discussion view hide panel, etc

2»

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Thats not a good way of doing it, mixing multiple ID's within a reference chain is bad practice.

which is why I now use the first one I posted. The second was how I used to do it until I was corrected. I only posted it that way to show the full selector.

from what I was told this is the preferred method

body.Vanilla.Discussion.Index #Content

• Options
    edited March 2013

me and v we like to wrestle over ideas.

Men are from Mars? P:

• Options

you must be from venus.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Touche , guilty as charged !! but I am making some progress, no?

• Options
    edited March 2013

@422 whilst your answer would be helpful for those who indeed possessed a body id of any sort, for me i didnt have one.

Yea that is something I was not expecting as a probability, most people have bodies and id's. Glad you found yours, you did right?

reminds me of the user who complained there was no new discussion button , and turned out they were missing a lot more than that, the entire panel and the menu to start.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

yeah all good, we use specific id and class system for our site, and in removing vnilla stock header and footer and integrating within our own system, had overlooked the vanilla target specific id system allied to the body tag.

My Bad

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

Touche , guilty as charged !! but I am making some progress, no?

Yes. como no! o como yes :).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.