HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

MailChimp plugin feedback

13»

Comments

• Options

I assume it is: class.BotStopApproval.plugin

• Options

Questions appear as i want them in the plugin settings. However, I'm back to getting an error message:

Could not find a '/var/www/html/forum/plugins/MailChimpIntegration/views//var/www/html/forum/plugins/botstopapproval/views/registerapproval.php.p
    hp' view for the 'entry' controller in the 'dashboard' application.

• Options

Apologies...I notice you had stated it was NOT compatible with MailChimp. I have to say it all works just fine with your suggestions.

Mail Chimp seemed to be the only plugin available to extract all forum e-mail addresses to a mailing list along with new sign ups automatically being added. Is there a way around the compatibility problem with the two plugins [botstopapproval & mailchimp]? Are there other plugins which do a similar job - i have looked a lot!

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

@Zendor‌ Apologies...I notice you had stated it was NOT compatible with MailChimp

this would be one way to create mailiing list and not use Mailchimp if you want the other plugins.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/197515/#Comment_197515

the other way would be to meld the two plugins, if you are a programmer and understand the logic. Are you a programmer/developer? If not I could walk you thru the steps if you PM me your budget to do this. Alas, I think you might not have a budget though and it would be time consuming to walk you through the steps.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

you can use both mailchimp and http://vanillaforums.org/addon/addregistrationquestion-plugin
    in lieu of botstop or botstop approval plugins and you would get an additional question on the registration form to deter bots and spammers, and still have a mailchimp option.

if you add this line

<?php $this->FireEvent('RegisterFormBeforeTerms'); ?>

above

<li>
                     <?php
                        echo $this->Form->CheckBox('TermsOfService', $TermsOfServiceText, array('value' => '1'));

in the php files that begin with register in the mailchimp plugin folder.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I'm looking to use this, however can it integrate with the mailchimp list through the API so that if users delete their account or choose to "opt out" their name is removed from the Mailchimp mail list?

• Options
    lifeisfoolifeisfoo Zombie plugins finder ✭✭✭

Yes, it should be possible, since there is a dedicated function: http://apidocs.mailchimp.com/api/1.3/listunsubscribe.func.php

There was an error rendering this rich post.