Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Installing open source version 2.0.18.4

Hello,
I'm not sure why I'm so confused about installing this plugin. I have installed it, but it is not showing up in my dashboard for some reason.
Any insight would be great. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Which plugin Elaine, please drop the name. Or do you mean installing Vanilla itself. Please provide detailed Information, there more the better.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options

Hi phreak, thanks for the response. Sorry for the lack of information. I'm feeling very scattered today!
    I downloaded what I thought was the open source plugin found here: http://vanillaforums.org/get/vanilla-core.
    I was following the "read me" instructions for installation.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

So you are having trouble installing Vanilla?

Check out the wiki for installation steps.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Thank you hgtonight. And this is for the open source installation? I think this is where I am getting confused. Thanks again!

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

1) a plugin is found in add-ons section
    2) a theme is found in add-ons section
    3) if you have downloaded vanilla and installed it why are you downloading the core again? the core is NOT a plugin, it is the open-source code for the forum itself.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@peregrine The core vanilla release is also hosted on the addons section of this site.

I can see how it would be confusing.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Thanks you two. I'm still confused and not entirely sure where to download the open source plugin, but I will have to take a look at the Wiki tomorrow.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited March 2013

@Elaine_Griffin_2013 you would download it here if your host does not provide it

http://vanillaforums.org/download

every part of this software is open source , plugins, themes , apps, locales. Open source means it's code is open for manipulation and adaptation by anyone capable.

Download the app then ftp install into a subdirectory called forum or whatever you want to call it.