Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

DatabasePrefix for installation?

I saw that there is a setting DatabasePrefix in the config.php that I assume would allow me to install multiple forums into the same database by using different table prefixes. However, I cannot figure out how to set this option during the installation already so that the installer actually generates the tables with the right prefix. I tried putting it into an otherwise empty config.php, but it looks like the option is just ignored then and the installer just creates tables with the default prefix anyway.

What is the correct way to go about this? Can I somehow convince the installer to use this prefix?

Comments

• Options

I think the installer loads up config-defaults.php instead of config.php. If it does, you can change the $Configuration['Database']['DatabasePrefix'] setting in that file.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I can confirm what @Shadowdare says is true.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

I think if you are doing the symlink multisite idea, you might as well go with a custom install script which you can run from the comandline, etc

You are not doing the same thing as this installation.

Also even cheap webhost will allow you to have multiple databases nowadays, why ever not? it is a pointless restriction, they can restrict on size, etc.

You can use a different prefix but in the same db is kind of messy IMO.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Different databases with the same table names would be easier from a management standpoint, imo.

No need to complicate any external maintenance scripts with optional prefixes.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.