Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Weird Interaction With Signature Plugin

qbauerqbauer
edited April 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Great plugin. However, one small detail: When combined with the signature plugin, the thanks div gets placed ABOVE the signature div for some reason, rather than at the bottom of the comment box. Then, on a refresh of the page, the thanks div gets reassigned to the bottom of the comment div.

So, initially, upon thanking the commenter, the html looks like:

Notice the thanks box has been triggered to appear above the signature. I'm looking into the code, and trying to figure out how to change this...

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

I haven't looked at both. but sometimes two plugins hit the same event, and there seems to be no method to designate which one or the other goes first. It may be beyond the control of the plugin maker. what you might have to do is either combine the plugins, or the functions that deal with the placement.

This may not be the issue you are having but something to be aware of.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• what you might have to do is either combine the plugins

Good idea.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited April 2013

@qbauer Lines 29 of thankfulpeople.js reads:

item.find('div.Message').after(box);

To fix this specific conflict, change it to:

item.find('div.UserSignature').after(box);

Alternatively, you could avoid most conflicts using this:

item.find('div.Comment').append(box);

The reason the refresh "fixes" it is that the view handles the update instead of the javascript. Test away!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• hgtonight, fantastic. I was looking in the php and scratching my head. Thanks so much.